Answer: (B) Rainfall
Deforestation is the process of cutting trees in a large scale to use the land for major productions or industries, etc. Thus, it could reduce the chances of rainfall.
- Deforestation leads to reduced rainfall because it reduces the natural recycling of moisture from the soils.
- This recycling takes place through vegetation and returns to the form of rainfall.
- According to studies, when pastures replace forests, water recycling gets affected, leading to a reduction in humidity in the atmosphere, which impacts precipitation.
- Write a note on deforestation
- What is the main harm behind deforestation?
- How deforestation leads to reduced rainfall?