Bacteria are minute unicellular microbes. Most types of bacteria are not harmful. Some bacteria can cause a multitude of illnesses in humans.
Listed below are the five harmful effects of bacteria in humans:
- Bacteria are also linked with cancer.
- Bacteria are responsible for some of the spoilage of food.
- Bacteria can also cause simple allergies and chronic inflammation.
- In some cases, the bacteria can advance to the flesh and tissues of the host and hence are called flesh-eating bacteria.
- Bacteria are responsible for many infectious diseases like pneumonia, tuberculosis, diphtheria, syphilis, tooth decay.
Explore more such questions and answers at BYJU’S.