The Himalayan mountain range and Tibetan plateau have formed as a consequence of the collision between the Indian Plate and Eurasian Plate which began 50 million years ago and continues today.
Features ofHimalayan mountains
- Himalayan Region is the shape of an arc.
- Himalayan Region is composed of sedimentary rocks.
- In the Himalayan Region, the average height of Mountain peaks is around 6000 metres.
- It is the northernmost and continuous range.
- It is covered with snow and comprise of snow glaciers.
- By nature it is symmetrical and comprises of granite.