As integration is the revere process of differentiation. It’s studied under the branch of calculus which is known as integral calculus. Integration is a very important part of mathematics. In applied Maths, there are numerous problems involving the integration of functions. The integration is more of an art in comparison with any other process in mathematics.
Methods of integration
There are various methods or techniques of integrations that should and; be chosen wisely in order to get an appropriate; integral of a function. Main integration methods are listed below:
- Integration by Substitution: In this mode of integration, any given integral is transformed into a simple form of integral by substituting the independent variable by others.
- Integration by Parts: Integration by parts needs a special technique for integration of a function, where the integrand function is the multiple of two or more function.
- Integration Using Trigonometric Identities: In the integration of a function, if the integrand involves any kind of trigonometric function, then we apply trigonometric identities to simplify the function that can be easily integrated.
- Integration of Some particular function: Integration of some particular function includes some important formulae of integration that can be practised to make other integration into the standard form of the integrand.
- Integration by Partial Fraction: A given rational function is defined as the ratio of two polynomials which can be expressed in the form of partial fractions: P(x)/Q(x), where Q(x)≠0 and then it can be integrated.