Consumer Protection Act provides Consumer Rights to prevent consumers from false or specified unfair practices. These consumer rights ensure that consumers can make better choices in the marketplace and get help with complaints. Right to seek redressal is one of the consumer rights.
Right to Seek redressal: Consumers have the right to seek redressal against fraud or unfair trade practices and exploitation.
- Right to seek redressal is mainly against illegal trade systems or unfair exploitation of consumers.
- This also involves the right to a reasonable settlement of the legitimate complaints of the consumer.
- One should be well versed with rights and must execute them.
- If case of any damage done to a consumer, she or he has the right to get compensation depending on the degree of damage.
Importance of Consumer Protection:
- To shape Consumers- Indian customers and buyers are not well-organised and vendors exploit them easily.
- Impart Market Information- Most of the consumers have no idea and information about the product they are buying and this might cause them losses.
- Physical Safety- Major products are adulterated and can hamper consumer health. So, they need to be protected.
- Avert Monopoly- Irrespective of different restriction most of the organisation follows monopoly practice and consumers gets influenced and should be protected.
- Malpractices- Company pursues biased trade practices and unlawful and ethical trade practices and this protection plays a crucial role.
- Misleading advertisement- Many enterprises, intentionally trick consumers through irrelevant or deceptive advertisements. This act will shield consumers from getting exploited.
- Education Consumers about their Basic Rights- Most consumers are not aware or don’t know about their rights. The Consumer Protect Act educates them and secures their rights and interests.