We know the saying that cleanliness is next to godliness. Keeping the surroundings clean is the prime factor that avoids the spread of many diseases and infection. We need to maintain the surroundings clean by not littering or throwing waste in the surroundings and environment.
(a) As the population increases, the waste generated by the people too increases. Waste management has become the top priority problem in the country. We see litter and heaps of waste in corners of streets, roads and other public places.
Responsibility of every citizen
- Garbage disposal is the main problem undergoing in our country.
- Each one of the person residing in the country is responsible for garbage disposal.
- Each one must know to tackle this problem.
- Proper disposal of garbage should be a concern of every citizen and not just of the government.
- Every individual must reduce activities that pollute the environment.
- A lot of waste is generated from homes, offices, schools, hospitals, etc. It includes food waste, paper, plastic, glass, metal, etc.
- Therefore, it is required that every individual must reduce waste production and help in the proper disposal of this waste.
(b) Yes, it may reduce problems related to the disposal of garbage. Here are some steps that every individual can observe to reduce the problem of garbage disposal.
Ways to reduce waste generated and proper disposal of garbage
- Avoid using plastic bags.
- Encourage shopkeepers to use paper bags or always carry a cloth or jute bag while shopping.
- Save paper. Use both sides of the paper to write.
- Use separate bins for recyclable and non-recyclable waste.
- Kitchen waste that includes fruit and vegetable peels, waste food, tea leaves, etc., can make manure.
- Encourage your family, friends, and others to follow proper disposal practices.