- Orbital is a function which describes the wave-like behaviour of an electron
- An atomic orbital is a space where the probability of the electron is the highest
- A subshell is a pathway followed by the electrons moves within the shell.
- There are four types of subshells. s,p,d and f are the subshells.
- A subshell is composed of orbitals.
- It is a subdivision of electron shells which is separated by electron orbitals.
- The first shell consists of only one subshell that is ‘s’ and the second subshell consist of two subshells that is ‘s’ and ‘p’ and so on.
- Each subshell contains one or more orbitals. s contain one orbital, p contains 3 orbitals, d contains 5 orbitals and f contain 7 orbitals.