The structure of neuron is
- Neurons are the fundamental unit of the nervous system.
- Neurons are also called as nerve cells. The main function of the neurons is to pass the receiving information and send appropriate signals to the rest parts of the body.
- The signals received are in the form of electrical signals.
- Neuron comprises dendrite, axon and cell body. Dendrites receives messages from the surrounding and sends it to the cell body.
- Cell body consists of nucleus, mitochondria and other organelles.
- Axon transmits the message away from the cell body and pass it to the next receiving neuron.