Following are the functions of communication:
- Informing: The main function of communication is informing messages to others. This is achieved either through verbal communication or through non-verbal communication.
- Persuading: This is used in persuading the single from one party to another.
- Integration of divisions and departments
- For creating relationships through external parties such as investors, government etc.
- Reducing the miscommunication taking place within the team. These miscommunications could hamper the overall working of the team.
- Through communication, relevant information can be passed on to the team which makes it easy for taking decisions or helps in decision making.
- As communication skills are improved, there are high chances of improving the labour-management within the team.