Natural resources are something which comes from nature and people cannot make natural resources, but they can collect it. Natural resources are the boon of nature to mankind. Resources like wood, stones, lead, metals, air and many more are classified under natural resources. Natural resources are obtained directly from the Earth. Man-made objects use these resources for their benefits. Now let us know what are natural resources.
Exploitation of natural resource
The modern lifestyle and the advance in technology have had a very bad impact on natural resources. Natural resources like coal and petroleum are depleting at a very fast rate, and once they are depleted, we will have to depend on other sources of energy.
- Environmental pollution is one of the biggest problems that we are facing right now.
- It refers to the contamination of the environment around us due to our activities.
- This environmental pollution covers all the aspects of pollution such as air pollution, land pollution, and water pollution.
Our population has experienced an explosive growth. Our current population stands at 7.5 billion and this not the scary part. Ever-increasing population invites a threat to nature and results in a shortage of resources.
With the advancement of technology, we now have massive oil floating oil rigs to drill deep holes on the surface of the Earth and extract oil. we have also levelled miles and miles of forest, an important natural resource for the sake of agriculture and economic development.
Conservation of natural resource
It is very important that these natural resources are conserved as they are getting exhausted at an alarming rate. Apart from that, it is having an adverse effect on the environment which is indirectly causing harm to living beings. The modern lifestyle and the advance in technology have had a very bad impact on natural resources. Natural resources like coal and petroleum are depleting at a very fast rate, and once they are depleted, we will have to depend on other sources of energy. Therefore, it is very necessary for us humans to act in a way that ensures the conservation of natural resources.
Ways to conserve natural resources are listed below
- Walking or cycling for short distances
- Use of cloth bags instead of plastic bags
- Try to cut short the usage of plastic and try to replace them by metal containers or biodegradable ones
- Using the kitchen waste as manure instead of fertiliser
- Having a small kitchen garden for the supply of oxygen and greenery at home
- Using public transport, car or bike pooling for travelling the same amount distance
- Avoid wastage of food
- Try using electric bikes or cars rather than fuel ones
- Purchase products made from recycled materials
- Recycle materials such as metal cans, old cell phones, and plastic bottles
- Conserve energy at home (turn out lights when they are not needed)
Following these above-mentioned ways may contribute to the conservation of natural resources. Creating awareness to the public is necessary. Now its high time to take the action an start saving our planet earth.