Indian railways are the huge and wide network of connections to the entire country. The Indian Railways began its operations from 16 April 1853. The Fairy Queen is the oldest functioning steam engine in the world. It is plying between New Delhi and Alwar in Rajasthan.
Major role in the economy
Indian railways play a major role in transportation. People mostly prefer travelling by railways and goods can be easily carried via train. Listed below are the highlights of the Inidan railways. The economy from railways plays a significant role in developing country. It gives employment opportunities to a large number of people. Small vendors and shopkeepers also get profited by selling the goods at the railway station.
- Railways stretches its hands in conducting activities like business, sightseeing, pilgrimage along with transportation of goods.
- It is easier for long-distance travel.
- Plays a vital role in national integration.
- Railways holds major hand in the economy of the country
- It strengthens the development of the industry and agriculture.
- Railways are the most preferred transport.
- They have the capacity to carry huge loads and bulky goods for long and short distances.