Image formed by a plane mirror is always virtual and erect.
Some of the characteristics of images formed by plane mirror are given below:
- The image formed is upright.
- Size of object is equal to size of image.
- Laterally inverted image (image of left side visible on right side).
- The image formed is as far behind the mirror as the object is in front of it.
- The focus of a plane mirror is at infinity.
Uses of Plane mirror
- They are used in constructing periscope which is used in submarines.
- They are used to make various scientific instruments.
Image formed by a convex mirror is always virtual and smaller in size.