It is the body’s ability to generate an immune response naturally, or through vaccines. These methods build immunity or resistance to a particular disease.
It is the process by which a person is made resistant to a particular disease by the administration of a vaccine.
The basic theory of immunization is that the body begins to produce antibodies against it upon administration of the vaccine so that the individual is safe from disease. Body recalls the development of infectious agents and memory cells that can develop antibodies immediately upon further exposure to the infectious agents.
- The process starts after the person is exposed to the vaccine and the body starts building resistance to that disease.
- It is not administered in any way, the body develops the resistance from vaccines.
- The body builds up immunity through this vaccine for the disease rabies.
- This process has proved beneficial in preventing several infectious diseases and has decreased the mortality rate to a great extent.
- There are vaccines against tetanus, smallpox, measles etc.