Baking soda is the common name of sodium bicarbonate. The chemical formula of baking soda is NaHCO3.
Listed below are the uses of baking soda
- Reduces the acidity in the stomach
- Used in the process of washing as a water softener
- Due to the formation of soapy foam, it is used in fire extinguishers
- Removes the dirt off materials without damaging the properties of the material
Washing soda is a whitish, odourless powder. Its chemical formula is Na2CO3 and is better known as sodium carbonate
Listed below are used of washing soda
- Washing soda is used for removing burnt-on grease from kitchen utensils.
- It is prominently used in soap, glass and paper industries.
- It also helps in the removal of permanent hardness of the water.