a) Water at room temperature is a liquid.
At room temperature (25°C), water is a liquid because it has the following characteristics of liquid:
- At room temperature, water has no shape but has a fixed volume i.e., it occupies the shape of the container in which it is kept.
- At room temperature, water flows easily.
b) An iron almirah is a solid at room temperature.
An iron almirah is a solid at room temperature (25°C) because:
- It has a definite and rigid shape and
- Fixed volume like a solid at room temperature.
- On applying external force the shape does not get deformed