A trapezium is a quadrilateral, that is described as a shape with four sides and one set of parallel sides. In a two-dimensional plane, the trapezium area is the region occupied by a trapezium.
Properties of trapezium
Trapezium also is known as a trapezoid, it has the following properties.
- The sum of all the four angles of the trapezium is equal to 360 °
- Two parallel sides and two non-parallel sides of a trapezium are
- Regular trapezium diagonals bisect one another
- In a trapezium, the length of the mid-segment is equal to half the sum of the parallel bases.
- Two pairs of adjacent angles of a trapezium formed between the parallel sides and one of the non-parallel side, add up to 180°.
Area of the trapezium
Consider a trapezium
Area of the trapezium can be calculated as
Area (A) = ½ h (AB + CD)
The parameter of the trapezium formula can be calculated as
Parameter = Sum of all the sides
Parameter = AB + BC + CD + DA