Adaptation can be defined as the physical or behavioural characteristic of an organism that helps an organism to survive better in the surrounding environment. All animals adapt a few features for their smooth survival in the residing environment.
Elephant, the huge animal has also adapted a few features to survive in the tropical rain forest. Elephant living in the tropical rainforest are well adapted to this region.
Adaptive Features Adapted by Elephants for Living in the Tropical Rainforest
- They have a strong sense of smell and uses their trunk for smell.
- They also use their trunk to hold food.
- They have long ears which help them in keeping cool in a hot and humid climate.
- Long ears help them in hearing the very soft sounds.
- They have thickly padded feet which help them in moving silently.