How do you write 3 1/2 an improper fraction?

The procedure to convert the mixed fraction into an improper fraction is:
Step 1: Multiply the whole number by the denominator value
Step 2: Now, add the obtained value with the numerator value, which is the numerator value of an improper fraction
Step 3: Write down the same denominator value given in the proper fraction
Step 4: Finally, a new fraction is obtained, which is called an improper fraction.

31/2 as improper fraction

Given Mixed fraction is 31/2

Step 1: Multiply 3 by 2: 2 × 3 = 6

Step 2: Add 6 with 1: 6+1 = 7 (New numerator value).

Hence, the improper fraction is 7/2.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Free Class