Let us learn about the given molecules.
The structure of Hydrogen sulfide is similar to that of water. In an H2S molecule, three atoms are present in total. Amongst three two are of hydrogen and one of sulphur.
- Hydrogen sulfide is a chemical compound with H2S as its chemical formula.
- The gas is colourless with the repellant odour of rotten eggs.
- It is highly corrosive, flammable and poisonous gas.
- The hydrogen sulfide gas is mainly used in industrial areas.
PO43- is a chemical derivative of phosphoric acid with a chemical name Phosphate. In a PO43-ion, five atoms are present in total. Amongst five one is of phosphorus and four atoms are of oxygen.
- Phosphate is also called Phosphate ion or Orthophosphate.
- It is a trivalent inorganic anion and a conjugate base of hydrogen phosphate.
- It is composed of a group of salts containing the phosphate ion, the dihydrogen phosphate ion, or the hydrogen phosphate ion.
- Positively charged ions such as calcium or sodium; another group composed of esters.
- It is naturally found in food, human bodies, and water.
- Phosphorus is an essential nutrient in plants and its main use – through phosphate compounds – is in fertilizer production.