(a) An infinite number of lines can pass through one given point.
(b) Only one line can pass through two given points.
- A point in geometry is a location. It has no size i.e. no width, no length and no depth.
- A line is defined as a line of points that extends infinitely in two directions. It has one dimension, length.
- A line (straight line) can be thought of as a connected set of infinitely many points.
- The symbol ↔ is placed over the letters AB, CD.
- n short, a line is a straight path of points. A line has no beginning or end.