- HTML is the most straightforward language. This language is straightforward to understand, & simple to configure.
- The language is so versatile that you really can build whatever you want, including the text, a creative way to construct web pages together.
- It can render linkable text, as users could connect through these features from one page to other or website.
- Users can add images, pictures, gifs or sound whatever they want to make the site more appealing and understandable.
- Such language can be used to view the files on any device such as Linux, Windows or Mac.
HTML is a subset of SGML. An internationally accepted standard for knowledge representation is SGML (Standard Generalized Markup Language). In its broadest sense, it can be used for publishing – from single-medium traditional paper publishing to online multimedia database publishing. SGML can be used to generate documents that users can understand and share in a simple way between machines and apps. An intro to the main features of SGML, using non-technical language, is given by this leaflet.