The incorrect statement about fungi is (d) Fungi are more abundant in the substrate with low sugar content and low temperature
What are fungi?
Fungi are eukaryotic organisms that include microorganisms such as yeasts, moulds and mushrooms. These organisms are classified under kingdom fungi. The organisms found in Kingdom fungi contain a cell wall and are omnipresent. They are classified as heterotrophs among living organisms as they adapt to hetrotrophic nutrition.
Characteristics of fungi
Listed below are few characteristics of fungi
- Fungi store their food in the form of starch.
- Biosynthesis of chitin occurs in fungi.
- The nuclei of the fungi are very small.
- The fungi have no embryonic stage. They develop from the spores.
- The mode of reproduction is sexual or asexual.
- Some fungi are parasitic and can infect the host.
More articles to explore