The definition of interference phenomena in which two or more waves superpose to form a resultant wave of greater, lower or the same amplitude.
- As we know, the white light is composed of seven colours known as VIBGYOR.
- Can consider every colour individually like the monochromatic light and analyse their interference individually.
- All seven colours will illustrate interference.
- Each light will have its dark and bright fringes independently, but each bright fringe light will coincide at y= 0, i.e. for a center.
- Depending on the case, two or more lights may have their dark and bright fringes together or bright for one, and dark for another may coincide.
In an interference experiment, monochromatic light is replaced by white light, we will see a few coloured bands and then uniform illumination.