Propane (C3H8) is a chain of carbon atoms containing two Carbon-Carbon single bonds.
- Propane is also known by the names n-Propane, Dimethyl methane, and Propyl Hydride.
- It’s a molecular gas that serves as a food propellant.
- The colourless gas n-propane has a slight petroleum-like odour.
- Ethyl ether, chloroform, water, and benzene are all soluble in it.
- It is usually produced as a by product of two other processes: petroleum refining and natural gas processing.
- It is commonly used as a source of energy.