- Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars (Inner Planets)
- Size is small (about the size of the Earth)
- They are Rocky, usually with large iron cores
- They are having thin Carbon Dioxide or Nitrogen atmosphere
- n the solar system, these planets are closer to the sun and are therefore warmer than the planets located farther out in the solar system.
- Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune (Outer Planets)
- Their size is large (about 10 times the size of the Earth)
- More than one hundred satellites most made primarily of ice
- Scientists have found more than 100 Jovian planets around other stars.
- They are sometimes called gas giants because they are large and made mostly of gases.