Following is the list of common electrical hazards that can happen in the domestic circuit:
- Defective electric wires and poor wiring.
- Faulty switches, plugs, and cords.
- Pouring water when there is an occurrence of electrical fire which is a bad practice.
- Electrical burns occur on hands and feet from where the current enters and exits.
Following are the ways to prevent electrical hazards:
- Keeping electrical appliances away from water and moisture.
- Having proper electrical safety outlet can reduce electrical hazards at home. Also, check the outlets for loose plugs.
- Never overload the outlets with multiple adaptors and plugs.
- The wattage of the bulb should be right. Make sure that the wattage is not overloaded which can result in an outbreak of fire.
- Getting rid of cords and plugs that are frayed and worn out.