Synthetic fibres are made only from polymers found in natural gas and the by-products of petroleum. Some synthetic fibres are listed below.
Advantages of Synthetic Fibres
- Synthetic fibres are very durable and do not wrinkle easily
- They are elastic and can be easily stretched out
- They are strong and can sustain the heavy load.
- They are soft and hence used in clothing material.
- They are cheaper than compared to natural fibres.
Synthetic fibre manufacturing aids forest conservation since natural fibres need the extraction of raw materials from plants, which necessitates the felling of a large number of trees. This proves to be beneficial in forest conservation.