Dispur, a part of Guwahati is the capital of Assam. First Shillong was part of Assam and it was recognised as the capital of the state but, later Shillong became the capital city of Meghalaya which was carved out of Assam.
Facts of Dispur
- The state government office of Assam is located in this capital city
- The Secretariat building of Assam is located in this capital city.
- Dispur is also known as Guwahati Tea Auction Centre.
- This city has the largest volume of CTC tea auction in the world.
- The climate of the comprises of warm summers and cold winters.
- Dispur becomes the most visited tourist place in the state of Assam.