The capital city of the state Madhya Pradesh is Bhopal. The city is known for its various natural and artificial lakes and for being one of the greenest cities in India. Madhya Pradesh is located in the centre of the country. Bhopal is the 16th largest city in the country.
Listed below are some features of Bhopal
- Bhopal is located on the Malwa plateau in the Vindhya ranges.
- Bhopal stretches its area around 285.9km2 in the state.
- As per the census of 2011, the population of the city is around 1,798,218.
- Diwali and Eids are the two major occasions celebrated in the city.
- Bhopal city has numerous number of institutions including ISRO’s Master Control Facility, BHEL, IISER, MANIT, SPA, AIIMS, NLIU, IIFM and AMPRI.