Sphygmomanometer is used for measuring blood pressure.
A sphygmomanometer also known as a blood pressure metre, blood pressure gauge, or blood pressure monitor, is a device that monitors blood pressure.
- The sphygmomanometer instrument consists of an inflatable rubber cuff which is applied to the arm.
- This is connected to the mercury column which helps to determine the systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- It is composes of an inflatable rubber cuff, which is wrapped around the arm.
- A measuring device indicates the cuff’s pressure.
- A bulb inflates the cuff and a valve releases pressure.
- A stethoscope is used to listen to arterial blood flow sounds.