Lakshadweep is the island group of India that has coral origin. These are coral islands located off the coast of the God’s own country Kerala. They are considered as kind of coral reefs that are known as Atolls which is circular or horse-shoe shaped reefs.
- After Sikkim, Lakshadweep is the next smallest populated place in India
- Lakshadweep is India’s smallest Union Territory. (Our country Indian consists of 28 states and 8 union territories. Union territory is not an independent unit but is run by the administrators appointed by the President of India)
- The Kavaratti is the capital of the Union Territory Lakshadweep in India
- Lakshadweep is an archipelago of 36 islands, scattered over approximately 78,000 square km of the Arabian Sea, 200-440 km off the south-western coast of India
- The population in this island is approximately 65,000