Oceans cover seventy per cent of the earth. The three fourth part of the earth is covered by these oceans. There are totally five oceans in the world. Among these five oceans, the Pacific ocean is the largest ocean. Oceans are a major and vital part of the hydrosphere. All the oceans are interconnected. The three main movements of ocean waters are the waves, the tides and the ocean currents.
- The Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean.
- The pacific ocean spreads over one-third of the earth.
- Mariana Trench, is considered as the deepest part of the earth, lies in the Pacific Ocean.
- The Pacific Ocean is almost circular in shape.
- The continents Asia, Australia, North and South Americas surround it.
The following are the five oceans of the planet earth
- Pacific Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
- Antarctic ocean
Ocean named after country
The Indian Ocean is the only ocean named after the country India. The shape of the ocean is almost triangular. In the north, it is surrounded by Asia, in the west by Africa and in the east by the smallest continent Australia.