The transition metal present in vitamin B12 is Co.
Vitamin B-12 is a crucial B vitamin. It is needed for nerve tissue health, brain function, and the production of red blood cells. Cobalamin is another name for vitamin B-12.
- Vitamin B-12 is important for brain function in the synthesis of red blood cells.
- Deficiency of vitamin B-12 can lead to neurological difficulties and anaemia.
- Vitamin B-12 is naturally available in meats.
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency carries a serious risk of permanent nerve and brain damage.
- Vegans can take supplements to avoid deficiency, as the vegan diet remove the meat products that provide B-12 naturally.