Answer: Frigid Zone
The three different zones of earth are
- Frigid Zone
- Torrid Zone
- Temperate Zone
The specific area or region between the arctic circle and the North Pole or between the Antarctic circle and the South Pole is called as frigid zone.
- Very cold zones are known as frigid zones.
- Since the sun’s rays are slanted, there is very little heat.
- The sun does not rise much above the horizon in this region.
- In the Southern Hemisphere, the frigid zone is the area located between the South Pole and Antarctic Circle.
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the frigid zone is the area located between the North Pole and Arctic circle.