The narrow neck of the uterus is known as cervix.
- A uterus is also called the womb. It is a muscular, inverted pear-shaped organ of the female reproductive system.
- The walls of the uterus consist of three layers- the inner glandular layer, the middle thick layer, and the outer thin layer.
- These three layers are maintained by ligaments which are attached to the pelvic wall which then opens into the vagina from a narrow cervix.
- The cervical canal along with the vagina creates the birth canal.
- The vagina is a muscular tube which starts at the lower end of the uterus to the outside.