- Cell organelles are called cellular components.
- Both membrane and non-membrane bound organelles, found within the cells, are included in these cell organelles and are distinct in their function and structure.
- For the normal functioning of the cell, they organize and act effectively.
- A few cell organelles operate by providing structure and protection, while others are active in a cell’s locomotion and reproduction.
- The Cell wall, Ribosomes, and Cytoskeleton are non-membrane-bound cell organelles.
- They are present both in prokaryotic cells and the eukaryotic cell.