Scandium belongs to d-block elements.
- Scandium is an element with the atomic number 21.
- The chemical symbol of scandium is Sc.
- It has a silvery-white appearance while having a moderately soft texture.
- The electronic configuration of scandium is: 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 3d1
Application of Scandium
Listed below are few applications of scandium
- Scandium is widely used as an alloy additive to alloys that are aluminium based for making metal halide lamps of high intensity and sporting goods.
- It acts as alloying agents to few metals