Sleep provides rest to the entire body.
What is sleep?
Most mammals, birds, reptiles, and other animals sleep. It occurs as a result of the 24-hour clock. Our sleep cycles are determined by the circadian rhythm. In the physiological mechanism of living beings, it is a 24-hour cycle. When you are sleeping, all metabolic processes continue at the same rate.
- Respiratory rate is reduced while sleeping
- Body temperature may be regulated according to their surrounding ambient temperature
- Rate of heartbeat is lowered
- The metabolic rate is unaffected
- The digestion process is unaffected