Following are the importance of fungi:
- Fungi is beneficial for the production of medicines such as Penicillin.
- They help in decomposing dead material and return them to the soil in a form that can be reused.
- Fungi such as mushrooms are edible and are used as food by humans. It is also used in the production of many food and drinks such as cheese, bread, cakes, etc.
- The fungus of Chinese caterpillar is useful in controlling the pests of crops.
- Fungi stay in mycorrhizal relationship with the roots of the plants and increase the productivity of farm lands.