Noise is the unpleasant and undesirable sound which leads to discomfort to human beings. The intensity of sound is measured in decibels (dB). The faintest sound which can be heard by Human ear is 1 Db. Due to increasing noise around the civilizations, noise pollution has become a matter of concern. Some of its major causes are vehicles, aircraft, industrial machines, loudspeakers, crackers etc.
Following are the examples of noise pollution
- Unnecessary usage of horns
- Industrial noise and construction noise
- Using loudspeakers
- Noise from railway and aircraft
Some noise pollution preventive measures are provided in the points below
- Honking in public places like teaching institutes, hospital, etc. should be banned.
- In commercial, hospital, and industrial buildings adequate soundproof systems should be installed.
- Musical instruments sound should be controlled to desirable limits.
- Dense tree cover is useful in noise pollution prevention.
- Explosives should be not used in forest, mountainous, and mining areas.