The formula of caustic potash is KOH.
Listed below are the few key points on Caustic Potash
- Potassium hydroxide is also known as caustic potash.
- It is an inorganic compound.
- Potassium hydroxide is soluble in water, freely soluble in ethanol, methanol, and glycerin.
- Molecular weight/molar mass of KOH is 56.11 g/mol
- It is non-combustible but highly corrosive
Applications of Caustic Potash
Following are the uses of the chemical compound
- Used as a pH control agent in the food industry.
- Used in chip fabrication for semiconductors.
- Used in the manufacturing of liquid fertilizers.