The image formed by a plane mirror is always virtual and erect.
What is a Plane mirror?
A plane mirror is a flat mirror that reflects light and produces a virtual image without the intervention of an inward or outward curve. These mirrors reflect light in various directions. The image produced by the plane mirror is virtual.
Characteristics of the image formed by a plane mirror
In a plane mirror characteristics of the image formed are
- It is virtual
- It is erect and of the same size as the object
- The image is laterally inverted.
- The size of the image is the same as the size of the object.
- The distance of the object from the plane mirror is the same as the distance of the image from the plane mirror.
- Explain the nature of the image formed by a plane mirror.
- What is the image formed by the plane mirror?