The molecular formula of benzene is C6H6.
Benzene is one of the most important organic compounds with the chemical formula C6H6. Benzene is the parent compound of the various aromatic compound. The simplest organic aromatic hydrocarbon is benzene. Benzene is a natural constituent of crude oil and one of the most basic petrochemicals. It is a colourless liquid with a gasoline-like odour. In nature, benzene is extremely toxic and carcinogenic.
- The various properties of benzene are mentioned below:
- Benzene is soluble in organic solvents but immiscible in water.
- It’s a colourless liquid with a pleasant aroma.
- It has a lower density than water and its density is 0.87g cm-3.
- Benzene has a high melting point and a moderate boiling point.
- Resonance can be seen in benzene.