The Western Coastal strip to the North of Goa is Konkan.
- The Western Coast stretching from Mumbai to Goa is the Konkan.
- Konkan is the Northernmost part of the Western Coast.
- Geographically, the stretch of land from the Daman Ganga River in the north to the Gangavalli River in the south is considered to form the Konkan.
- Malabar Coast is the Southern stretch of the Western Coast.
- The Central part of the Western Coast is called the Kannad plain.
- The Western coast is a narrow coastal strip which lies between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats.
- In the East coast, the Southern part is known as the Coromandel Coast and the Northern part is called the Northern Circar.