Venturimeter is a device used to measure the rate of flow of fluid flowing through a pipe.
Venturimeter is a device which is used for measuring the rate of flow of fluid flowing through a pipe. There are three parts in a venturi meter and they are:
- A converging part
- A diverging part
Working principle of venturi meter
The working principle of venturi meter is based on Bernoulli’s equation.
The flow equation for venturi meter is obtained from three different equations and they are Bernoulli’s equation, conservation of energy, and continuity equation.
- Q is the theoretical discharge
- A1 is the area at convergent section
- A2 is the area at divergent section
- g is the acceleration due to gravity
- h is the height
- Qactual is the discharge that will be less than theoretical
- Cd is the coefficient of venturi meter