Birth control, also known as contraception, is designed to prevent pregnancy. A patient’s choice of the contraceptive method involves efficacy, safety, non-contraceptive benefits, cost, and personal considerations.
Following are the methods of contraception:
- Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) such as intrauterine device.
- Hormonal methods such as using injectable birth control.
- Barrier methods such as male and female condoms.
- Emergency contraception includes the use of copper IUD.
- Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control in both men and women.