Electric field lines are an excellent way of visualizing electric field. Electrical lines of force can be described as a way or path, it can be straight or curved so that the tangent gives the direction of the intensity of the electric field at that point at any point.
Properties of Electric Field Lines:
- The field lines never intersect each other.
- The field lines are perpendicular to the surface of the charge.
- The magnitude of charge and the number of field lines, both are proportional to each other.
- The start point of the field lines is at the positive charge and end at the negative charge.
- For the field lines to either start or end at infinity, a single charge must be used.