Following are the types of amplitude modulation:
- Double sideband-suppressed carrier modulation: The transmitted waves consist of upper and lower sidebands but the bandwidth of the channel remains the same.
- Single sideband modulation: The modulated wave will consist either upper sideband or the lower sideband and is used for translating the spectrum into a new frequency domain.
- Vestigial sideband modulation: Only one sideband is used and is passed, retaining the other sideband.
- Double sideband full carrier modulation: The message single obtained from the modulated signal must be below zero. The message signal is stored in the modulated signal.
- Quadrature amplitude modulation: Two different message signals are transmitted on the same frequency carrier but the phase shift will be different.