Types of energy are based on two forms and they are kinetic and potential form. Following are the different types of energy:
- Thermal energy: It is obtained from the vibration of molecules or atoms in a substance. It is also known as heat energy.
- Chemical energy: Energy which holds particles together in a substance is known as chemical energy. The energy is stored in the bonds of atoms which is found in food and biomass.
- Gravitational energy: It is a form of potential energy which is associated with the gravitational pull.
- Elastic energy: This is potential energy which is stored in an elastic object. Example of a material which has elastic energy is an elastic band.
- Sound energy: The motion of sound waves carries energy which makes the objects vibrate.