Kingdom Plantae is divided into five main divisions:
- Thallophyta: This division includes primitive forms of plants such as algae, fungi, lichens.
- Bryophyta: The Bryophytes are further divided into liverworts, mosses and hornworts. They are found in moist places. However, they can survive in drier environment also.
- Pteridophyta: These are also known as cryptogams since they neither produce flowers nor seeds. These plants reproduce using spores. For eg., ferns, lycophytes.
- Gymnosperms: These are the plants that produce unenclosed seeds and include conifers, cycads and ginko. These plants do not produce flowers or fruits.
- Angiosperms: These are also known as flowering plants and have seeds enclosed within an ovary.